Intelligent Robotics and Perceptionoverview | logistics | organization | schedule | announcements | labs | hackpad | resources
- The Telegarden
- "Stanley: The Robot that Won the DARPA Grand Challenge," Thrun et al., Journal of Field Robotics, 23(9), 669-692.
- "Mars Exploration Rover Surface Operations: Driving Spirit at Gusev Crater." Leger et al. IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Pages: 1815-1822, Oct. 2005.
- Essential Kinematics for Autonomous Vehicles. Kelly. CMU-RI Technical Report.
- "A Robust Layered Control System for a Mobile Robot." Brooks. IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation. 2(1). pages 14-23. April 1986.
- "On Three-Layer Architectures," Gat, Artificial Intelligence and Mobile Robotics, in Kortenkamp, Bonnasso and Murphy (eds.), AAAI Press, pages 195-210, 1998.
- "AuRA: Principles and Practice in Review," Arkin and Balch, Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Artificial Intelligence, 9(2-3), pages 175-189, April 1997.
- "The Distributed Architecture for Mobile Navigation," Rosenblatt, Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Artificial Intelligence, 9(2-3), pages 339-360, April 1997.
- "A robot exploration and mapping strategy based on a semantic hierarchy of spatial representations," Kuipers & Byun, Journal of Robotics and Autonomous Systems, 8: 47-63, 1991.
- "Monte Carlo Localization for Mobile Robots," Dellaert, Fox, Burgard, and Thrun, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 1999
- "Robotic mapping: A survey," Thrun, in Lakemeyer and Nebel (eds.), Exploring Artificial Intelligence in the New Millenium. Morgan Kaufmann, 2002.
- "Fast Replanning for Navigation in Unknown Terrain," Koenig and Likhachev, IEEE Transactions on Robotics, 21(3):354-364, June 2005.
- "RRT-Connect: An Efficient Approach to Single-Query Path Planning," LaValle and Kuffner, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2000.
- "Fast and Inexpensive Color Image Segmentation for Interactive Robots," Bruce, Balch, and Veloso, In Proceedings of IROS-2000, Japan, October 2000.
- "Learning to Coordinate Behaviors", Maes and Brooks, Proceedings, 8th National Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-90), AAAI Press/MIT Press, pages 796-802, 1990.
- "Knowledge-based Training of Artificial Neural Networks for Autonomous Robot Driving," Pomerleau, Robot Learning, J. Connell and S. Mahadevan, ed., 1993.
- "Reinforcement learning: A survey," Kaelblin, Littman, and Moore, A. W., Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research (4), pages. 237-285, 1996.
- "Effective Reinforcement Learning for Mobile Robots," Smart and Kaelbling. IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), pages 3404-3410, 2002.
- Probabilistic Robotics. Thrun, Burgard, Fox. MIT Press. 2005.
- Planning Algorithms. LaValle. Cambridge University Press. 2006. (available online)
- Principles of Robot Motion Theory, Algorithms, and Implementations. Choset et al. MIT Press. 2005.
- Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach. Russell and Norvig. Pearson Education. 2003.
- Behavior-Based Robotics. Arkin. MIT Press. 1998.
- Vehicles: Experiments in Synthetic Psychology. Braitenberg. MIT Press. 1984.
- Robot Programming: A Practical Guide to Behavior-Based Robotics. Jones. McGraw Hill. 2003.
- Mobile Robots: Inspiration to Implementation (2nd Edition). AK Peters. 1999.
- Learning OpenCV: Computer Vision with the OpenCV Library. Gary Rost Bradski and Adrian Kaehler. O'Reilly. 2008
- Artificial Intelligence and Mobile Robots: Case Studies of Successful Robot Systems. Kortenkamp et al. AAAI Press. 1998.
- The Robot in the Garden: Telerobotics and Telepistemology in the Age of the Internet. Goldberg. MIT Press. 2001.
- Robot Teams: From Diversity to Polymorphism. Balch and Parker. AK Peters. 2002.
- Reinforcement Learning: An Introduction. Sutton and Barto. MIT Press. 1998. (available online)