Distributed Systemsoverview | logistics | schedule | announcements | assignments | resources
Class: Monday & Wednesday 1:30pm-2:50pm (RKC 100)
Office Hours: Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday 3pm-4pm and by appointment
- Distributed Systems: Priniciples and Paradigms (2nd ed.). Tanenbaum and Van Steen. Prentice Hall. 2006.
- Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment (2nd ed.). Stevens and Rago. Addison-Wesley. 2005.
- Assignments (50%): Programming assignments
- Project (25%): Team project worked on for approximately 1/2 of the term
- Quizzes (15%): Short open-note quizzes given approximately every two weeks
- Presentation (5%): Oral presentation
- Participation (5%): Positive impact on the class
- Attend class.
- Be on time.
- Come to class prepared. We'll rely on both the textbook and various research papers for this class, make sure to have the required reading done BEFORE class.
- Complete all assignments, and start early.
- Cooperate, but don't copy.
- Credit work, including all sources you used from the web, other books, etc.
- Sharing ideas is encouraged, but blatantly copying work without attribution will be treated as scholastic dishonesty and receive no credit.