Introduction to Computing: Interactive Systemsoverview | logistics | schedule | announcements | assignments | gallery | resources
Lecture: Mon 1:30-2:50 (RKC 103)
Lab: Wed or Fri 1:30-3:30 (RKC 100)
Office Hours: M, T & W 11:00am-12:00pm and by appointment
- Learning Processing: A Beginner's Guide to Programming Images, Animation, and Interaction . Shiffman. Morgan Kaufman. 2008. ISBN 0123736021.
- How to Do Things with Videogames Bogost. University of Minnesota. 2011. ISBN 081667647X.
- Visualizing Data: Exploring and Explaining Data with the Processing Environment. Fry. O'Reilly. 2008. ISBN 0596514557.
- Assignments (30%): Programming assignments
- Midterm (15%): Closed book exam
- Final Project (15%): A large project worked on for approximately half the term
- Critiques (15%): Presentation and critique of course-work
- Quizzes (10%): Short quizzes given every week
- Presentation (10%): Presentation on a paper about computation.
- Participation (5%): Positive impact on the class
- Attend class.
- Be on time.
- Check moodle.
- Bring your laptop to lecture, if you own one.
- Come to class prepared. Make sure to have read the required reading BEFORE class.
- Complete all assignments and start early.
- Cooperate, but don't copy.
- Credit work, including all sources you used from the web, other books, etc.
- Sharing ideas is encouraged, but blatantly copying work without attribution will be treated as scholastic dishonesty and receive no credit.
- Keep your assignment and lab work private, a USB flash drive is recommended.