The Craft of Computingoverview | logistics | schedule | resources
Lecture: Wed 3:10-4:30 (RKC 107)
Office Hours: Mon & Wed 10:30am-12:00pm and by appointment
- The Sciences of the Artificial. Herbert Simon. MIT Press. Third Edition. 1996. ISBN: 0262691914.
- Mindstorms: Children, Computers, And Powerful Ideas. Seymour Papert. Basic Books. 1993. ISBN: 0465046746.
- Project (50%): A team project worked on for approximately one third of the term
- Participation (50%): Positive impact on the class
- Attend class.
- Be on time.
- Check moodle.
- Come to class prepared. Make sure to have read the required reading BEFORE class.
- Complete all assignments and start early.
- Cooperate, but don't copy.
- Credit work, including all sources you used from the web, other books, etc.
- Sharing ideas is encouraged, but blatantly copying work without attribution will be treated as scholastic dishonesty and receive no credit.