Embedded Operating Systemsoverview | logistics | schedule | assignments | resources
Lecture: Tue & Thu 1:30pm-2:50pm (RKC 107)
Lab: Mon 1:00pm-3:00pm (RKC 107)
Office Hours: Mon & Wed 10:30am-12:00pm and by appointment
- Raspberry Pi Starter Pack - Includes a Raspberry Pi Computer by Adafruit
- The Linux Programming Interface: A Linux and UNIX System Programming Handbook by Michael Kerrisk. No Starch Press. 2010. ISBN: 1593272200.
- C Programming Language (2nd Edition) by Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie. Prentice Hall. ISBN: 0131103628
- Assignments (45%): Programming assignments
- Quizzes (20%): Short quizzes given appoximately every week
- Project (15%): A large project worked on for approximately one third of the term
- Presentation (10%): Presentation of an operating system
- Participation (10%): Positive impact on the class
- Attend class.
- Be on time.
- Check moodle.
- Bring your laptop to lecture, if you own one.
- Come to class prepared. Make sure to have read the required reading BEFORE class.
- Complete all assignments and start early.
- Cooperate, but don't copy.
- Credit work, including all sources you used from the web, other books, etc.
- Sharing ideas is encouraged, but blatantly copying work without attribution will be treated as scholastic dishonesty and receive no credit.
- Keep your assignment and lab work private, a USB flash drive is recommended.