Object-Oriented Programming with Robots (F2011)overview | logistics | schedule | announcements | assignments | labs | resources
Lecture: Monday & Wednesday & Friday 10:10am-11:30am (RKC 107)
Lab: Friday 10:30am-12:30pm (RKC 107)
Office Hours: Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday 3pm-4pm and by appointment
IPRE Robot: Scribbler + Fluke (and bluetooth adapter if necessary)
Loaners will be available, but you are encouraged to purchase your own personal robot!
Computing with Robots. Deepak Kumar. 2011.
Available for free online, or for a small fee at lulu.
- Python for Software Design: How to Think Like a Computer
Scientist aka Think
Python: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist. Allen
B. Downey. 2009.
Available for free online, or for a small fee at amazon.
DO NOT use campus lab printers to print copies of the textbooks.
- Labs (20%): Small weekly programming assignments
- Assignments (20%): Large programming assignments
- Midterm (25%): Closed book exam
- Final (25%): Closed book, cumulative exam
- Participation (10%): Positive impact on the class
- Attend class.
- Be on time.
- Come to class prepared. Make sure to have read the required reading BEFORE class.
- Complete all assignments and start early.
- Cooperate, but don't copy.
- Credit work, including all sources you used from the web, other books, etc.
- Sharing ideas is encouraged, but blatantly copying work without attribution will be treated as scholastic dishonesty and receive no credit.
- Keep your assignment and lab work private, I recommend using a USB flash drive.