Introduction to Computing: Interactive Systemsoverview | logistics | schedule | announcements | assignments | gallery | resources
Lecture: Mon & Wed 1:30-2:50 (RKC 100)
Office Hours: Mon, Tue & Wed 11am-12pm and by appointment
- Processing: A Programming Handbook for Visual Designers and Artists. Reas and Fry. MIT Press. 2007. ISBN: 0262182629.
- Programming Interactivity: A Designer's Guide to Processing, Arduino, and Openframeworks. Noble. O'Reilly Media. 2009. ISBN: 0596154143.
- Assignments (30%): Programming assignments
- Final Project (20%): A large project worked on for approximately half the term
- Midterm (15%): Closed book exam
- Quizzes (15%): Short quizzes given approximately every week
- Critiques (15%): Presentation and critique of course-work
- Participation (5%): Positive impact on the class
- Attend class.
- Be on time.
- Check moodle.
- Bring your laptop to lecture, if you own one.
- Come to class prepared. Make sure to have read the required reading BEFORE class.
- Complete all assignments and start early.
- Cooperate, but don't copy.
- Credit work, including all sources you used from the web, other books, etc.
- Sharing ideas is encouraged, but blatantly copying work without attribution will be treated as scholastic dishonesty and receive no credit.
- Keep your assignment and lab work private, I recommend using a USB flash drive.